Spring Election - April 4, 2017 Sample Ballot
- Sample Ballot: Wards 2-7
- Sample Ballot: Wards 1, 8pt-11 (Mukwonago School District)
- Sample Ballot: Ward 8pt (Norris School District)
- Sample Ballot: Ward 8pt (Washington Caldwell District)
Interested in Becoming an Election Inspector?
We are looking for interested residents to consider working as pollworkers. It is a great opportunity to be involved in your community, and meet your neighbors. If you are interested please contact the Clerk's Office at 662-2039 or email the clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. I appreciate your willingness to serve!
Access: Ward Map (rev. 2014)
NEW: DS200 Express Vote
In 2016, new voting machines DS200 Express Vote will be used throughout the County of Waukesha.
Wisconsin Photo ID
The U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed the photo ID provisions of 2011 Wisconsin Act 23. A photo ID will be required to receive a ballot in all special and regular elections after April 7, 2015. To learn more about photo ID and voting, visit the Bring It to the Ballot website.
FREE Photo ID Card
You can get a free state ID card from the Division of Motor Vehicles if you do not already have a Wisconsin driver license: Visit WI DMV for details.
Acceptable Forms of Photo ID
These are acceptable for voting purposes, and can be unexpired or expired after the date of the most recent general election(currently, the November 4, 2014 election):
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
- Military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
- A U.S. passport
- A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
- A driving receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
- An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
- A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college that contains date of issuance, signature of student, and an expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance. Also, the university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment.
- A citation or notice of intent to revoke or suspend a Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license that is dated within 60 days of the date of the election.
- An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin.
- The Spring Local Primary will be held February 21, 2017
- The Spring Election will be be held Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Town of Vernon Elections
Spring 2017 - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 Town offices elected include: Town Chairman, Town Supervisor #2, Town Supervisor #4, Town Clerk and Town Treasurer.
- 2017 Candidate Financial Info Packet & Campaign Finance Overview - Local Candidates
- 2017 Candidate Info Packet
Absentee Voting / Voter Registration
In order to vote absentee, you must be a registered voter in the Town of Vernon. If not registered, complete and print the Voter Registration Form. If you are registered, complete and print the Absentee Ballot Request and return it to Town Hall W249S8910 Center Dr. Big Bend, WI 53103. Once the application is received, the ballot will then be sent to you. Ballots must be returned to the Town Hall by Election Day in order for the ballot to count. Military and Overseas: Info. If you have any questions please contact the Clerk's office at 262-662-2039.
- Look up voter registration and polling place locations.
- Voter registration information, voting history, normal polling place location for an address.
- Polling place location, current office holders, and a sample ballot for the upcoming election.
- Check Provisional vote status.
- The status of a provisional ballot cast in a recent election.
- Military and Overseas: Info
Visit My Vote Wisconsin: https://myvote.wi.gov
WI Elections and Ethics Commission (formerly GAB) Voter Information Center
Welcome Wisconsin Voters! Everything you need to know about voting in the State of Wisconsin starts here. Choose specific menus based on who you are and what you want to do:
Wisconsin Elections Commission (elections, candidates, voters): Info
Wisconsin Ethics Commission (campaign finance, ethics, and lobbying): Info
WI Voting 101 - Back to Basics: