Fall Brush Pick-Up
Begins October 2018
October 1, 2018 - Pick-Up Begins On Center and East of Center
October 8, 2017 - Pick-Up Begins West of Center
Open Burning & Burn Permit: Info
Yard Waste & Composting: Info
In Spring and Fall of every year, the Town of Vernon conducts brush pick-up. Brush pick-up is for typical tree trimming and NOT major tree-removal or property clearing. If the Town determines that your brush exceeds normal practices, it will refuse pick-up. Please use a professional tree service for tree-removal/property clearing debris. For efficient service and safety, we ask that you please follow these guidelines:
Have all branches at the roadside the Sunday before it is scheduled (October 1st East of Center & October 8th West of Center for the Fall 2018 Pick-Up)
- Brush must be no larger than six (6) inches in diameter and no longer than 12 feet.
- Place brush near the edge of the road.
- Please, do not spread out the brush.
- The bundles must be stacked near the edge of the road with the largest diameter facing towards the road.
- There is a time limitation of 20 minutes per household.
- Unfortunately, if you do not have your brush at roadside when they do go through, we are unable to come back.
Please call the Department of Public Works @ 262-662-7785 with any questions you may have.
We offer free Wood Chips & Delivery to residents, simple complete an authorization form via website or at the Town Hall. Deliveries are Monday thru Friday. Sorry, we are currently OUT OF WOODCHIPS. Please check back after our Fall Brush Pick-Up in October, 2018.
Access Authorization Form: Woodchip Form