Town/County Zoning

The Town of Vernon recently opted out of Waukesha County Zoning.  If you have any questions or need direction regarding Zoning, please contact the Town Clerk/Treasurer at 262-662-2039 or email

Town of Vernon Zoning Code:

Town of Vernon Zoning Code
Town of Vernon Zoning Map
Ordinance to Adopt a Zoning Code & Map for the Town of Vernon
A Resolution Authorizing the Town Board to Adopt Municipal Zoning Ordinance 

Zoning Permit & Site Evaluation:
A Zoning Permit is required when a structure or part thereof is located, erected, moved, reconstructed, extended, enlarged, converted or structurally altered in the Towns of Genesee, Oconomowoc, Ottawa or Vernon; or the shoreland/floodland areas (generally within 1,000 feet of a lake of 300 feet of a stream) in the Towns of Brookfield, Delafield, Eagle, Lisbon, Merton, Mukwonago, Summit or Waukesha.

You may need a preliminary Site Evaluation for impact on your well and septic system or a Construction Erosion Control Permit to prevent sediment from leaving your site.

How to Apply for A Zoning Permit: Info

All Zoning Premits will no longer go through the Town of Vernon Building Inspector.  Any questions regarding zoning can be directed to the Town of Vernon at clerk@townofvernon